- Easy one-handed operation
- Produces a shower of sparks
- Sparks hundreds of times
- Lights easily, even when wet
- Burns up to 2 minutes
The Spark-Lite™ Firestarter Kit includes everything you need to get a fire going quickly. Each kit includes an easy to use firestarter and plenty of fast-lighting tinder. All you need to do is gather firewood. It’s all packaged in a compact storage container, ready when you really need it.
Spark-Lite is a simple, lightweight, and fail-safe firestarter. Quickly rotating the wheel with your thumb produces a shower of sparks. It’s easy to operate with just one hand, which may be necessary if your other hand is injured. And can be used right or left handed. It’s designed to spark hundreds of times.
The Kit includes eight Tinder-Quik™ Firestarter Tabs, but Spark-Lite will also ignite any suitable tinder material. Tinder-Quik Tabs work in all weather and even light when wet. They’re made of special wax-treated cotton for easy lighting. They’re fast to ignite and burn up to 2 minutes giving you enough time to get a fire going. Simply pull the Tab apart, exposing the fibers. Aim sparks from the Spark-Lite at the fibers to light the Tab.
Spark-Lite is the official firestarter of the US Military. Every military aircraft survival kit contains one. Throw a kit in your pack; your survival may depend on it. Made in USA.
- Spark-Lite Firestarter
- 8x Tinder-Quik Firestarter Tabs
- Storage Container
- Make sure you have plenty of kindling and firewood ready before you begin.
- Starting at one end, pull a Tab apart, exposing the inner fibers. Avoid touching or matting the fluffed fibers.
- Hold the Spark-Lite Firestarter about 0.25 in. (6 mm) above the fluffed fibers with the arrows pointing up.
- Place the tip of your index finger on the flint wheel and with medium pressure, quickly move your index finger in the direction of the arrows, creating a shower of sparks on the fluffed fibers and igniting them. The Tab will burn for 1-2 minutes.
- Once lit, place the Tab under a small amount of kindling, leaving some space for it to get oxygen.
- As the fire catches, add additional kindling to get the fire going. Be careful not to smother the fire.
Tinder-Quik Quantity: 8
Total Kit Weight: 0.70 oz (19.8 g)
|Plastic Handle, Metal Wheel
|2.3 x 0.44 x 0.31 in. (5.8 x 1.1 x 0.8 cm)
|0.20 oz (5.6 g)
|Tinder-Quik Firestarter Tabs
|Special Wax-Treated Cotton
|ø0.32 x 1.2 in. (ø0.8 x 3 cm)
|0.013 oz (0.35 g) each
|2.5 x 1.6 x 0.7 in. (6.4 x 4.1 x 1.8 cm)
|0.31 oz (8.8 g)
- Sparks can fly in random directions. To avoid possible injury or damage, use caution when handling and only produce sparks away from you and others.
- Keep your face away from sparks and do NOT produce sparks near another person's face to avoid injury.
- Keep away from children to avoid injury.
- Sparks will burn flammable materials. To avoid possible damage, keep sparks away from valuable flammable materials.
In no event shall Litesmith, LLC be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, or special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of its products.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This little kit is a lot of fun. The Tinder-Quiks are easy to work with and easy to light with the Spark-lite. It is easier to start a fire with this combo than with a magnesium sparker and lint. I believe this is due to the ability to deliver precisely aimed sparks at a closer distance. The Spark-lite also works very well with lint if you wish to use that. I can also light my alcohol stove with it as long as I do it quickly after fueling. I may upgrade to the aluminum version that has replaceable flints in the future, for a modest increase in weight.
This fire starter can be used one handed to easily start a fire. The enclosed tinder can be "fluffed" to increased the likely hood of a spark catching the tinder on fire. The two times I started a fire using this method it took only one turn of the wheel to generate a spark to light the fire. A must have in any survival kit.
Just received mine. Weighs in a 19g. Happy with how it works and the directions Litesmith kindly included. Do recommend.
Over the years, I have debated the merits of bringing a firestarter due to the low probability of needing one and the additional weight when using a mini Bic lighter already. The Spark-Lite settles the debate, it is the perfect back-up lighter worth bringing.