- Light easily, even when wet
- Waterproof & windproof
- Burn up to 2 minutes
- No mess
Tinder-Quik™ Firestarter Tabs work in all weather and even light when wet. All it takes is a single spark. They’re lightweight and compress easily to fit in your survival kit. And best of all, there’s no mess like Vaseline-soaked cotton balls.
The Tabs are made of special wax-treated cotton for easy lighting. They’re fast to ignite and burn up to 2 minutes giving you enough time to get a fire going. Simply pull the Tab apart, exposing the fibers. Light the edge or aim sparks from your fire steel at the fibers to light the Tab.
They’re used by the US Military as part of their survival kits. Stash a few in your kit just in case your survival depends on it. Made in USA.
- Make sure you have plenty of kindling and firewood ready before you begin.
- Starting at one end, pull a Tab apart, exposing the inner fibers. Avoid touching or matting the fluffed fibers.
- Light the fluffed fibers or aim sparks from your fire steel at the fibers.
- Once lit, the Tab will burn for 1-2 minutes. Place the Tab under a small amount of kindling, leaving some space for it to get oxygen.
- As the fire catches, add additional kindling to get the fire going. Be careful not to smother the fire.
Material: Special wax-treated cotton
Scent: Slight wax
Dimensions (DiaxL): ø0.32 x 1.2 in. (ø0.8 x 3 cm)
Weight: 0.013 oz (0.35 g) per tab
- Small object. To avoid possible choking hazard, keep away from children.
- May be harmful if swallowed. Keep away from mouth.
In no event shall Litesmith, LLC be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, or special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of its products.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Does what it is intended to do!
I carry two of them and a small ferro rod in my wallet. I can always make a fire the first time every time.
These nifty little fire starters are my preferred way to start a fire. They are super lightweight, and burn long enough to get your fire going, (actually, they burn much longer than you need). Much better than other options out there, and great price.